These muffins are a great healthly snack for you and the kids!
1/2 cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari honey
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup grated apple
2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup chopped walnut or pecans
1/4 cup milk
12-15 slices unpeeled apple
1 Tbsp Melted butter
1) Cream butter and honey.
2) Add eggs, beating well after each.
3) Sift dry ingredients, stir into butter mixture.
4) Stir in oats, apples, cheese and walnuts. Mix well.
5) If mixture is dry then gradually add milk, stir just enough to moisten.
6) Pour mixture into greased muffin pans.
7) Dip apple slices in butter, then sugar. Place on top of the muffins
8) Bake at 160ºC for 25mins or until bounces back when lightly pressed