8 chicken drumsticks
1 onion roughly chopped
2 1/2 Tbsp crushed ginger
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups hot water
4 tbsp Mossops Field & Tawari honey
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (less if you prefer less spice)
1. In a pot saute onions, garlic, ginger and oil for 10mins
2. Add spices and quickly stir in (do not let burn)
3. Mix in peanut butter, water, sweet chilli sauce, honey and salt
4. Stir until mixture starts to bubble and then remove from heat.
5. Blend the mixture with a stick blender
6. Separate about 1cup of satay sauce into a bowl and coat chicken with the satay sauce.
7. Place the chicken in a baking dish and cook at 180ºC for 25mins, or until juice runs clear.
Great served with rice and Asian greens.