This is a crunchy, but delicious little biscuit for the coconut lover.
1/3 to ½ cup Mossop's Field & Tawari Honey
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ cups shredded or desiccated coconut
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 cup chopped dates
2 tbsp Flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup seed mix
- Combine egg, honey and vanilla in a mixing bowl, and beat until well blended.
- Stir in coconut, nuts and seeds.
- Coat dates with flour and add to the mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased oven tray or press them onto an oven tray and cut into squares when cooked
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 12 minutes or until cooked.
Hint: Considerable pressure is required when forming the beehives, so a little more moisture may help. Try adding some melted butter or extra honey if you feel the mixture needs it.