This is a dangerously delicious gooey brownie recipe.
300g dark chocolate
175g butter, cubed
100g caster sugar
2 Tbsp Mossop’s Field & Tawari Honey
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
100g blanched hazelnuts toasted and roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200¢C. Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring now and again, until smooth. Remove and leave to cool.
3. Once the chocolate has melted, mix in the sugar, honey and eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well combined before you add the next.
4. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, then fold in gently before stirring in the chopped hazelnuts. The mixture should be thick and glossy.
5. Pour into prepared tin and spread gently so the mixture fills the corners, then smooth the top.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just firm to touch on top and still soft underneath.
6. Leave to cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares or rectangles.