400g unsalted butter, divided
1 1/2 cups sugar
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Mossop's Field & Tawari liquid honey
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish with baking spray or butter.
2. Cream sugar and 2 sticks butter together in a bowl with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until fully combined. Add salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and stir. Add flour and cocoa powder and combine until fully combined.
3. Spread batter evenly in baking dish and bake for 25-28 minutes or until firm in the center. Set aside to cool.
4. Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add Mossop's Field & Tawari liquid honey, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. 5. Stir constantly so sugar does not burn. Bring to 105 degrees C on candy thermometer and add heavy cream. Stir to combine. Bring to 113 degrees C or “softball” stage on the candy thermometer. Add walnuts. Stir to fully coat nuts.
6. Pour honey walnut caramel over brownies and chill until firm.
Original recipe by Billy Apperson of 18 Seaboard