A healthy and delicious snack for old and young alike.
140g Butter or Margarine
1/2 cup Mossop's Field & Tawari Honey
2 tbsp Brown Sugar (Optional)
2 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (Jumbo) (Adjust to make right consistency)
1 cup Coconut
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 cup each of Salted Peanuts,chopped apricots, sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
- Preheat oven to 150ºC
- Melt butter, honey and brown sugar then add the vanilla essence
- In a large bowl mix rolled oats, coconut, baking powder, peanuts, apricots, sunflower seeds and wheat germ
- Mix honey mixture with with the dry ingredients.
- Press into slice tin and fan bake at 150ºC for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool before cutting (this mixture hardens once it is cool)