For the bread:
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ cup melted coconut oil, plus more for pan
2 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup plus 1 teaspoon rolled oats, divided
2 small zucchini, grated (2 cups)
To make zucchini bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the long sides.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Using a fork, slowly incorporate flour mixture into egg mixture. Then fold in zucchini and ½ cup oats (batter will be thick and dense). 5. Scrape batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon oats.
6. Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
7. When cool enough to handle, remove bread from baking pan and peel off parchment paper. Serve warm, with honey-herb butter.
To make honey-herb butter:
1. In a small bowl, mix butter, herbs and honey with a fork until evenly combined.
2. Place bowl in the freezer for a few minutes to harden a bit.
3. Scrape butter onto the center of a sheet of parchment and gently form into a log with your hands. Fold ends of parchment paper to meet on top and roll butter into a circular log inside the paper.
4. Refrigerate until hardened, about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.