1 cup oat bran
¾ cup boiling water plus 1 tbsp extra
5 stalks rhubarb, trimmed, chopped
½ cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari honey plus 1 tbsp extra
2 tbsp butter (or vegetable oil)
1 cup self raising flour, sifted
¼ cup milk
- Combine oat bran and boiling water in a bowl. Set aside to absorb the water
- Preheat oven to 150°C Fan Bake. Grease or line 10 muffin tray holes
- Place rhubarb, extra water and extra honey (liquid or melted) in a bowl and toss to combine
- Beat the honey and butter in a large bowl until well mixed. Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the oat bran to the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, milk and 2/3 of the chopped rhubarb. Stir until just combined and then spoon into muffin cases.
- Scatter over remaining rhubarb and bake for 30-35mins until the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
Cool on a wire rack