This makes a lovely moist carrot cake.
1 cup Oil
1 cup Raw or Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Mossop's Field & Tawari or Rewarewa Honey
2 cups Flour
1 cup Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
3 large Carrots grated
1/2 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
1. Whisk together Oil, Sugar, Eggs, and Honey.
2. Sift dry ingredients and add to oil mixture.
3. Add grated carrots, and mix well.
4. Bake in greased cake tin, at 160oC for one hour or until cooked in centre when tested.
5. Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting, flavoured with fresh lemon or orange juice.