ANZAC Buscuits with Honey, Almonds & Raisins
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 cup thread or desiccated coconut
½ cup slivered almonds (optional)
½ cup raisins (optional)
2 tbsp Mossop’s Field & Tawari Honey
2 tbsp water
½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line at least 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut and almonds and raisins, if using, in a large bowl. Heat together honey, butter and water until butter melts.
- Add soda, then mix into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball and place on prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Lightly flatten with a fork or damp fingers. Bake until golden (15-18 minutes).
- Allow to cool on trays (the biscuits will harden on cooling). Stored in an airtight container, Anzac Biscuits will keep for 2 weeks.
Original recipe from Annabel Langbein