Apple & Cheese Muffins
These muffins are a great healthy snack for you and the kids!
1/2 cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari honey
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup grated apple
2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup chopped walnut or pecans
1/4 cup milk
12-15 slices unpeeled apple
1 Tbsp Melted butter
- Cream butter and honey.
- Add eggs, beating well after each.
- Sift dry ingredients, stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in oats, apples, cheese and walnuts. Mix well.
- If mixture is dry then gradually add milk, stir just enough to moisten.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin pans.
- Dip apple slices in butter, then sugar. Place on top of the muffins
- Bake at 160ºC for 25mins or until bounces back when lightly pressed