Baked Cheese with Honey, Thyme and Pecans
125g whole Camembert cheese (or Brie)
Fresh thyme springs
Pinch dried chilli flakes
1 Tbsp Mossop’s Field & Tawari liquid honey
Handful toasted pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F). Unwrap the cheese and discard the wrap.
- Place the Camembert in the centre of a square of baking paper large enough to fold up over the sides of the cheese but not the top. Secure the baking paper in place with a piece of a string.
- Place the wrapped Camembert on a baking tray and score the top of the cheese with a small, sharp knife to prevent it from bursting.
- Top the camembert with the thyme sprigs and chilli flakes.
- Bake the Camembert in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Place on a serving platter, drizzle the honey over the cheese and scatter over the toasted pecans.
- Serve with crackers and dried or fresh fruit.
Original recipe from thekiwicook.com