Blueberry yoghurt cake
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
50g unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 170° with. Grease the side of a 9 inch round cake springform pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, honey and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and continue beating until very creamy and light in color.
- Keeping the mixer speed low, mix in the flour in 2 batches, adding 1/2 cup Greek yogurt in between the 2 batches to the cake batter until combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the cake batter to the springform pan. Scatter blueberries evenly on top.
- Bake until cake turns golden, and the tester comes out clean, about 20 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- When the cake is done baking, let it cool (still in the baking pan) on a wire rack. After cake has cooled for about 40 minutes, release the cake from the springform pan.
Original recipe from juliasalbum.com