Chocolate Honey Truffles
Give your taste buds a treat, and try this simply exquisite recipe.
½ cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari Honey
2 tbsp Cocoa (from any left over cake or cookies)
2 Beaten Eggs
200g Cake Crumbs (2 handfuls)
½ cup Coconut
2 Pkts Crushed Biscuits (Super Wine)
Optional: Few sultanas, chopped dried apricots, nuts, fruit puffs, cherries or anything you fancy.
- Mix dry ingredients together: biscuit crumbs, cake crumbs, coconut, fruit, etc.
- Melt together the butter, honey, cocoa and beaten eggs, stirring all the time.
- Add to dry mixture.
- Roll into balls then roll in coconut.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze. Can be eaten frozen also.
- N.B. Make sure you use twice as many biscuit crumbs as cake crumbs. If too sloppy, add more biscuit crumbs or coconut.
- Variation: Christmas Chocolate Honey Truffles: Use Mixed Fruit instead of sultanas, etc. and a dash of brandy or sherry.