Easy Honey Muffins
1/2 cup Mossop’s Liquid Field & Tawari honey (or softened solid honey)
2 Tbsp Softened butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped apricots, raisins,
chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Beat honey and butter together until well mixed.
- Add the egg and beat until mixed well then add the milk. Beat to mix.
- Mix flour, baking powder, apricots, raisin, or choc chips together.
- Quickly but gently mix dry mixture and honey mixture – don’t over mix!
- Bake in greased muffin pans at 150°C for approx 25-30 minutes.
Optional: Brush with a hot honey glaze and/or put a piece of apricot on top.