Honey and Banana Pikelets
This is great as a children’s after school snack, or for a ladies coffee morning.
1 cup Self Raising Flour
3/4 cup Milk
1/8 cup Sugar
25g Butter (melted)
1 Ripe Mashed Banana
1 Tbsp Field & Tawari Honey
- Beat egg and sugar together.
- Add flour and milk alternately.
- Add salt and melted Butter and mix.
- Combine mashed Banana and Honey together and add to Pikelet Mixture.
- Heat fry pan or skillet and grease with butter or oil. Spoon pikelet mixture into pan, turning when bubbles appear on upper side or until golden brown.
Makes approximately 15 delicious pikelets.
Try it with our delicious Honey and Lemon Whipped cream
1 cup of cream or one small bottle of Cream
2 tsp Mossop’s Liquid Field & Tawari Honey
5 tsp Lemon Juice and 1 to 2 tsp Finely grated Lemon Rind
- Whip cream to soft peaks.
- Slowly add honey and whip to stiff peaks
- Fold in Lemon Juice and rind.
- Store in refrigerator.