Honey and Carrot Cake
This makes a lovely moist carrot cake.
1 cup Oil
1 cup Raw or Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari or Rewarewa Honey
2 cups Flour
1 cup Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
3 large Carrots grated
1/2 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- Whisk together Oil, Sugar, Eggs, and Honey.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to oil mixture.
- Add grated carrots, and mix well.
- Bake in greased cake tin, at 160oC for one hour or until cooked in centre when tested.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting, flavoured with fresh lemon or orange juice.