Honey and Date Loaf
This makes a delicious, moist loaf that all date lovers will enjoy.
2 cups dates (or any dried fruit)
1 1/4 cups Boiling Water
1tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari Honey
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Flour, sifted
- Cover dates with boiling water, add Baking Soda. Allow to cool.
- Cream butter, honey and egg together.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add date mixture to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix.
- Decorate with whole dates and/or dried apricots if desired.
- Bake in loaf tin at 150 degrees C for approximately 1 hour, or until skewer is clean when tested.