Honey Chocolate Brownies
This is a dangerously delicious gooey brownie recipe.
300g dark chocolate
175g butter, cubed
100g caster sugar
2 Tbsp Mossop’s Field & Tawari Honey
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
100g blanched hazelnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200¢C. Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring now and again, until smooth. Remove and leave to cool.
- Once the chocolate has melted, mix in the sugar, honey and eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well combined before you add the next.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, then fold in gently before stirring in the chopped hazelnuts. The mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Pour into prepared tin and spread gently so the mixture fills the corners, then smooth the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just firm to touch on top and still soft underneath.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares or rectangles.