Honey Date Cake
This is an easy recipe that works perfectly with our honey caramel sauce
1 ½ cups (100g) Chopped Dates
1 cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari Honey
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Boiling Water
2 cups Flour (Plain or Wholemeal)
- Put chopped dates, honey and boiling water and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir over a medium heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Stir in Vanilla essence, and sift flour and Baking Powder into the saucepan.
- Stir to combine. Pour mixture into a well greased and lined 20 cm cake tin.
- Optional: Decorate with pumpkin seeds and whole or chopped dates if desired.
- Bake at 160oC for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave for 10 minutes before turning out on to a cooling rack.