Honey Satay Chicken
8 chicken drumsticks
1 onion roughly chopped
2 1/2 Tbsp crushed ginger
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups hot water
4 tbsp Mossops Field & Tawari honey
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (less if you prefer less spice)
- In a pot saute onions, garlic, ginger and oil for 10mins
- Add spices and quickly stir in (do not let burn)
- Mix in peanut butter, water, sweet chilli sauce, honey and salt
- Stir until mixture starts to bubble and then remove from heat.
- Blend the mixture with a stick blender
- Separate about 1cup of satay sauce into a bowl and coat chicken with the satay sauce.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and cook at 180ºC for 25mins, or until juice runs clear.
Great served with rice and Asian greens.