Sticky Honey, Lime and Ginger Chicken
1/3 cup Mossop’s Field & Tawari honey
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Piece of fresh ginger root, about 1½ inches long, peeled, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
8 chicken thighs (1 kg total), trimmed, cut in thick strips
1 bunch Chinese or regular broccoli (600 g), chopped or sliced
Shredded green onions
Hot steamed rice
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from the lime and slice the remainder thinly, setting slices aside. In a cup, combine honey, oyster sauce, the lime juice, ginger, garlic and water.
- Heat oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken in batches for six minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add honey mixture and lime slices and bring to a boil. Cook another two to four minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli for 15 to 30 seconds in a pot of boiling water, just until beginning to tenderize, then drain and place on a heated platter.
- Top with the chicken and green onions. Spoon sauce from pan over all and serve with rice.
Original recipe from Montreal Gazette