Lemon and Honey Coconut Cake
This is an easy and economical recipe you will enjoy making and eating either buttered like a loaf, or enhanced with a Cream Cheese Frosting.
1/2 cup Mossop’s Liquid Field & Tawari Honey (or melt the honey)
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Milk
3 tsp Baking Powder
3 cups Flour
1 cup Coconut
Juice and Rind of 1 Lemon
- Beat together the butter and honey.
- Add the eggs and sugar, mix after each addition. Mix until cream consistency (apx 5mins)
- Add Milk and mix in.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add coconut and lemon juice. Mix well but do not over mix
- Bake in cake tin for 30 minutes in slow to moderate oven (approx. 160oC)
- Ice with Cream Cheese Frosting or drizzle with Lemon Water Icing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Soften 200g of Cream Cheese. Beat to a cream.
- Add 50-75g butter. Cream together. Add approximately 1 cup Icing Sugar.
- Cream well. Add fresh Lemon Juice to taste. If necessary, add more icing sugar to achieve right consistency.